What is The Little Caliphs Program?
The Little Caliphs Program (TLCP) is an Islamic-English-Creative pre-school program that helps pre-school children to realize their best spiritual, cognitive, socio-emotional and physical potential.
Unlike other conventional pre-school program, TLCP has a set of proven creative methodologies for teaching the children the meaningful foundation of Islam, learning and living skills in an integrative manner.
To equip teachers with effective teaching skills, TLCP offers series of trainings on teaching content and methodologies.
TLCP also comes with business start-up package for Muslim entrepreneurs to open and operate their own Islamic-English-Creative kindergarten or child enrichment centre.
The program is offered to be standard curriculum for Islamic-English-Creative pre-school program all over the world.
The Purpose of TLCP Program
The Curriculum Mission
“Our mission is to instill the LOVE of Islam and knowledge to young children”
The Business Mission
“Providing aspiring Muslim entrepreneurs with a credible investment and business opportunity in Islamic-English-Creative pre-school education service provision.”
Beliefs and Philosophy
Believing that the benchmark of education is the content and method of Rasulullah s.a.w as applied by his noble companions, and there should be continuous improvement of this humble curriculum towards following the method.
Believing that education is to prepare the children towards fulfilling the duties as the slave of Allah, Khalifah of Allah, and Ummat of Nabi Muhammad s.a.w.
Believing that knowledge and sciences are indeed SIGNS of the Greatness of Allah, The Creator - as such, knowledge and sciences should be imparted to the children in a manner that strengthens their Tauheed and belief in Islam.
Believing that there is a gold mine in every child, when polished and educated in the light of Al-Quran and As-Sunnah, the child will be able to live his full potential towards successful life in this world and akhirah.
Believing that a child’s brain development occurs as a result of the interplay between nature (genes) and nurture (the environment); the architecture and size of the child’s brain is a result of the interaction with adults in his environment and everything experienced in the external environment.
Believing that the early years are instrumental in building a child’s healthy self- esteem and positive self-concept as a result of the acquired perceptions, beliefs and feelings.
Subjects and Modules
The subjects offered under The Little Caliphs Program meet the requirement of Pre-school curriculum published by Malaysia’s Ministry of Education, and more. The subjects are listed below:
• Islamic Studies
• Islamic Mannerism
• English Language
• Bahasa Malaysia
• Art and Craft
• Practical Life
• Physical Education
• Computer Appreciation
The above subjects are delivered through the following integrated modules:
• Integrated Module 1: Islam in Practical Life
• Integrated Module 2: Islamic Studies
• Integrated Module 3: Vocabulary
• Integrated Module 4: Fast Reading Technique (BM & English)
• Integrated Module 5: English Skills
• Integrated Module 6: Mathematics
• Integrated Module 7: Science
Islamic Studies Module
Teaching Islam is the most fulfilling element of teaching and learning. TLCP teaches Islam through Integrated Cross Curricular and Hands-on Teaching Approach.
Our components for this program are:
• Individualized technique to teach early Quranic Reading
• Hafazan using Huffaz System
• Integrated Islam in:
o Practical life (Solat, dua, zikr, akhlaq and Aqidah)
o Science (Adab)
o Vocabulary (Adab, fiqh)
o Mathematics (Tasawwur)
o Seerah (History and Geography)
o Art and Craft
o Active Learning (Islamic Songs)
We strongly believe that early learning exposure of Islam in children will leave a long lasting impact in their life towards realizing and accepting that Allah is their Lord and Sustainer, Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) is their teacher and role model and Islam is the way of life.
We hope for a great thawab for teaching Islam to children in their early learning years.
Operation & Typical Schedule
The above modules are offered in the following set of curriculum:
• KG I (First year, age 4 or 5)
• KG II (Second year, age 5 or 6)
• Pra Tahfiz (Third year, for those who attended KG I & KG II at Little Caliphs).
TLCP can be operated through a kindergarten or child enrichment centre. The registration, premise, and licensing of the kindergarten or child enrichment centre is subjected to the government, ministry, and local authorities rules and regulations.
• Open in accordance to the government school calendar.
• 3 hours a day for 4 or 5 years old student.
• 4 hours a day for 6 years old student.
• Morning session: 9.00am to 12.00pm or 8.30am to 12.30pm.
• Afternoon session: 2.00pm to 5.00pm or 1.30pm to 5.30pm.
• Day care and additional modules such as Intensive Iqra’, Intensive English, and Swimming are also provided at some Little Caliphs Centres.
Source of knowledge
• Sourcing contents from Al-Quran, Hadith and authentic Islamic books
• Guided by Tarbiyatul-Awlad (Educating children in the light of Islam).
• Pre-School Curriculum of Malaysian Ministry of Education
Creative Integration of Islam and Knowledge
Integrating the teachings of Islam in language, reading, writing, math, and science in a creative and lively manner.
Focus on four key development and growth areas:
Applying and integrating the various proven learning & teaching methodologies:
• Whole Brain Learning
• Multiple Intelligences Teaching
• Multi-sensory Learning Styles
• Accelerated learning
• Creative Curriculum
• Integrated Learning Systems
• 5Rs: Reading, wRiting, aRithmetic, Reasoning, and memoRzing
• Individualized and high personal touch
• Progress of child is according to ability, not age
• Using English as the medium of instruction
• Use of instructional, experimental, and constructivism as a teaching approach
• Leaning is easy and fun
• Low student to teacher ratio
• Joint-partnership of parents and teachers in promoting each child's growth and development
• Continuous learning and improvement of the curriculum
• Conducive classroom layout and environment that match the above mentioned methodologies
• Supported by relevant teaching aids